Hijab ban: Karnataka deploys extra police in sensitive areas after SC . ruling


Bengaluru: Following a split decision by the Supreme Court on Thursday over petitions challenging the hijab ban in the southern state of Karnataka at educational institutions, Karnataka’s Home Secretary Araga Jnanendra said additional police personnel had been deployed in sensitive areas. A two-judge bench of Judges Hemant Gupta and Sudhanshu Dhulia pronounced the verdict today. While Judge Hemant Gupta dismissed the appeals against the March 15 verdict of the Karnataka Supreme Court, which had refused to lift the ban and ruled that hijab is not part of the “essential religious practice” in the Islamic faith, Judge Sudhanshu Dhulia upheld the pleas well and noted that it is ultimately a “matter of choice”.

The Home Secretary of Karnataka said the Supreme Court has appealed to the Chief Justice of India for the establishment of a larger bank and further decision will be made by the CJI. “The case has been handed over to CJI bank. It depends on what CJI will decide on the matter. We are awaiting the decision of the Supreme Court. We have taken sufficient security measures and deployed additional police personnel in sensitive areas,” he says. said. He further said: “There are two different verdicts. One judge has rejected the petitioners’ plea and another judge has quashed the Karnataka High Court order. The ball is now in the CJI court and we look forward to the outcome.

Also Read: Will always ‘support’ uniforms in schools, not hijab or other dresses: Karnataka BJP leader

“Previously, the government of Karnataka announced that the Supreme Court’s order to enforce the ban on hijab in educational institutions in the state will continue pending a final decision from the Supreme Court, which today issued a split judgment on appeals that challenging the restriction of girls and women wearing the headscarf in schools and universities.

State Education Minister BC Nagesh said the ban on wearing hijab in educational institutions in the state will remain in place for the time being. Shortly after the Supreme Court delivered its split ruling, the minister said that “we expect a better ruling,” saying women worldwide are demanding not to wear the hijab and burqa.





Source link
Zee News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post ‘If Kabaddi was football, Naveen is Ronaldo’: PKL star raider breaks internet with insane athleticism, watch viral clip
Next post FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup: LaLiga Football Schools student Kajol Dsouza is living the dream
Close